.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, March 30, 2014

 

One Drop: My Father's Hidden Life by Bliss Broyard

Since I'm writing about books to read when you travel, I need to include this book for before, after, or during visits to the east coast of the United States, especially New York and New Orleans.  Bliss Broyard, however, does much more than describe the area. She tells about her ancestors and how it was living through the decades for those who were black, whether this was readily apparent by looking at the person or not. The full title of the book is One Drop: My Father's Hidden Life - A Story of Race and Family Secrets. Bliss Broyard's father was Anatole Broyard, a columnist and editor at the New York Times Book Review.  I enjoyed this book very much mainly because of the honesty of the writing and the detailed descriptions of the people and places. 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?