.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 28, 2005

 

Mug Project

I just read Bee's email about how she got started with blogs and how she has used them with her classes. She shared the link to her Buzznet site: http://mugshots.buzznet.com/user/?id=694820 where students took pictures of their coffee mugs and then told about them. This was a great idea, I thought, and may use it, or a similar one, with my students. I even made a comment on one of the "mugshots."
Barbara says she has her students open a Blogger, Flickr, and bloglines account. She has her students photograph their mugs in different places, then upload the photo's to Flickr. They post first on Blogger, then Buzznet, where they will comment on other people's blogs. I wonder why they don't post the photo they wanted to use directly onto Buzznet. I also still have to figure out how to add RSS ability to my Blogger account before I can use bloglines with a class. Since I collect mugs when I travel, this is an especially interesting project to me. I even posted a comment to Bee on her LiveJournal blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/bdieu/

Comments:
Janet...the mug shots projects is not mine but SergeiĀ“s (see course wiki). I have joined it with one of my classes....so the mugs you see on Buzznet are SergeiĀ“s students. Mine have just started posting them on Blogger and will later join Buzznet.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?