.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, February 19, 2005

 

Comments at the end of week five

This week, for me, has been more of a thinking week.
One of the things I have thought about are e-portfolios. I read the article Beyond the Electronic Portfolio: A Lifetime Personal Web Space: http://www.educause.edu/apps/eq/eqm04/eqm0441.asp?bhcp=1
It talked about the idea of providing everyone with unlimited personal webspace from birth to death. The fact that everything is in one place seems like a good idea. The way an e-portfolio is described in this article, the individual would decide who would be allowed to view various sections. The search capabilities would enhance its use. Since I am interested in genealogy, having access to my ancestors' e-portfolios would be very interesting. One thing that I wish would happen immediately is having one password and log in. I have a drawer full of logins and passwords. I use to worry that if some one broke into my house they would be able to access all of my files by using those little slips of paper. Now I can't even figure out what half of them are for! I'm don't know anything about chatbots, and I'm not sure whether I like the idea of creating a personality from a persons writing, but the odor idea was even more startling to read about. I think one reason I liked this article in the summary they acknowledged that they have more questions than answers...just like me.
Off the topic a little, the movement of the left column as I read was really annoying to me!
That article had a link to Jurist: http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/ which I then went to visit and spent some time there. I like the idea that it has real time information. I see that it has an RSS feed for the different sections. I want to sign up for them all, but I can't keep up with the ones I have. I feel I am on overload at this moment:)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?