.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 20, 2005

 

New Discoveries

I think I made a new discovery about links. It seems that when I added a URL in the link space, it made the title a link, even though the words I typed are there. I guess that if I want to make a link, I should put the name of what I am linking to in the title.
I also wonder if there is a way to know that I have read the comments, sort of like I know if I have read email.
Then, too, when someone makes a comment, do I comment to their comment in the comment section? Send them an email? Comment in the blog section? So many possibilities!
I am thrilled that I just found spell check. I'll try uploading a picture another day, maybe when I'm snowed in this weekend:)
I'm going to look to see if people add spaces between paragraphs. I wonder if there is a correct way to do that.
There are so many things to learn, I can barely sleep at night!

I think this quote is appropriate for me right now:
"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." -- James Michener

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
In order to hyper-link a site in the comment section you have to write HTML. You simply type in the following: (a href="http://-put the name of the site here-")these words will be underlined and serve as the link, then (/a), now replace the "(" or")" with "<" or ">" and your link will be created. Clear as mud, right? Feel free to email me if you need more info.

To learn more about hyperlinking using the WYSIWYG editor in the regular blogging post, you may want to look here . This help page tells a bit about the editor and if you scroll down you will see a section that list all the buttons and what they are for. Find the link button and click on it, and the rest is pretty much self explanatory. I hope this helps.

elderbob
 
The Links section in Blogger is part of the template. You have to go back to your dashboard and edit it. Scroll down thru the code and you'll see the text that appears in your "Links" section listed there...Along with a buncha stuff that looks really ugly.

Just use the ugly bits as a pattern starting at the <li> and ending with </li> ... each set of those will make another List Item ( li -> list item? see the pattern? ) in your list of links.

Have fun and keep exploring. It's a blast when it works ... and your enjoyment is directly proportional to the amount of difficulty it was to get it to work to begin with. :D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?