.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, January 29, 2005

 

Live Journal

I just signed up for Live Journal. It was quite easy to do, actually. I spent way to long looking at the many background choices. My new blog is at: www.livejournal.com/users/studyplans. I hope can find it again!

I'm creating a blog on American English Idioms for my classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I want the students to be able to post to it but no one else. I'm not sure how to set that up. I see the Friends page and how to change colors, but I'm not sure what to put in name space. Maybe their email address? As I'm reading it, maybe Friends have to be Live Journal useres. I set the blog up so that only Friends can comment. I'm also supposed to get an email when they do.
Of course, I set Blogger up to get an email when someone comments also, I think. However, I haven't gotten any email from Blogger telling me about comments, so I'm not sure I'm doing that correctly.

I have to remember to enter the questions in reverse order that I want them answered in. I just put the question with the most research and thought last, so now it is at the top of the list for the students.

The spell checker is easier for me to use in Live Journal, maybe because I use Firefox. Some times things like popup boxes don't work as well in Firefox, which I usually like.

It will be interesting to see how they like this blogging exercise.



Comments:
Hi Janet,
Check whether the mail works for the comments ;-)
I have also started a new blog at Live Journal ...
Have a look and maybe we can experiment how it works together. How old are your students?
 
Dear Janet,
I like the idea of a blog dedicated to idioms(and your livejournal as well). How do you plan to set this activity up - will students send their answers to each question or only to some? How will you incorporate this activity in your curriculum?
Kind regards.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?