.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, January 30, 2005

 

Comments at the end of week two

I am still trying to make sure that my students can post on Live Journal. At the moment I am looking for the place that tells me if any comments were made. I can see how to make a comment but not how to read comments of others, if there are any.

I just posted a comment on Bee's Live Journal blog. I didn't see the comment after I posted it, though. I checked the box and put in my Live Journal name and password. Mmm. I'll have to check into that. She added a mood icon on her page which was really cool. I saw where to choose that, but didn't know what it would look like on the page. Now I do!

The PowerPoint presentation on blogs for week 2 was interesting to read. The blog on how to use weblogs in education was very helpful to me. I'll share both sites with students in about a month.

I looked at the student blogs as part of the assignment for week two. I was able to see the comments on a blog created on Live Journal. I thought about leaving a comment on the blogs I visited to let them know I had been there, but I see that the blogs are from last year and are abandoned now. Looking at the different styles helped me picture what I like best and is helping me choose a design for mine. In fact, I just changed the template for my Live Journal blog. I like the darker blue colors and love the blogs that include pictures! I think the chart that we are asked to fill out after looking at the student blogs would be quite useful when asking students to blog for a class. I also liked the rubric on Bee's blog for assessing blogs.

As for the teacher blogs, I found them a little too interesting. I wanted to read all of some them! In fact, I really liked the idea of keeping a log of tris,bacatins, conferences, etc. and hope to eventually use my blog for that. I wasn't sure what a teacher would write in a blog other than questions and comments for students. Now I have a better idea of how I can use a blog for classwork. I still have some trouble seeing how to read comments unless they are on Blogger.

On the community page, I see that I am one of the few who did not make my profile public. I have nothing on my profile, but it seems that maybe it should be public. I'm not sure what that means beyond this class. When I do make my blog public I see two entries that I had started last year and then deleted. I'm not sure why they show up or if anyone but me sees them. The old ones don't show up in the archives on my new blog.

Comments:
I enjoyed looking at the blogs that were this week's assignment, too. I think that the more you look at other blogs, the easier it becomes to think about blogging with my classes. Like you, I certainly got some ideas.

Good luck with Live Journal!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?